Friday, February 01, 2008

Chutes and Ladders isn't good enough?

Take a look at this top ten list of the world's most controversial boardgames.

My personal favorite on the list is Ghettopoly. Here's a shot of the board:


Each playa can buy crack houses and projects, yo', instead of the little green houses and red hotels we're used to. And in place of taking a Chance or Community Chest card, you get to choose the next "Hustle" or "Ghetto Stash" card. Hmm - I wonder if there's still a "Get out of jail free" card. Or is it "Break out of the state pen with your homies"? Sounds like it could have been a classic staple of Family Game Night to me, but alas, we'll never know - it was discontinued shortly after being released.

Good times.

-JT

1 comment:

i'm talking louder said...

Too bad it's been discontinued. I could see this being a top seller among the moms in my son's playgroup.
-SM