Monday, January 28, 2008

Lessons from Sex and the City

I don't know if I'm getting older, if everyone else just seems so much younger, or if I'm just *SO* much more mature than I was 2 1/2 years ago (doubt it), but I've only been "re-single" for 4 months and I'm already dreading the dating scene.

The single life has been good to me. I go where I want, when I want. I don't answer to anyone. I flirt with cute traveling businessmen and guys at the gym without feeling guilty. I spend my money a little more impulsively than I did before and travel as much as I want. I'm investing time in relationships with my family and girlfriends. I even have a flowery duvet on my bed since the departure of two-and-a-half-year-relationship ex.

But I know eventually I'll have to get back out there. But I really, really don't want to. I don't know how the game is played anymore. I have no idea what to expect. The thought makes me tired and weary. I think Charlotte on S&tC said it best:

Charlotte
: Women just want to be rescued. I'm sorry but it's true. I've been dating since I was fifteen. I'm exhausted. Where is he?
Miranda: Who? The white knight?
Samantha: That only happens in fairy tales.
Charlotte: My hair hurts.

Maybe I should consider becoming a social smoker. Then I won't have to wait to be rescued by my knight in shining armor.

-10-key princess

1 comment:

i'm talking louder said...

The single life. So fun.

I miss Sex and the City.
-SM