Friday, January 18, 2008

Is being late hip?

Or is it just annoying? Not really an age-old question, but still a valid one. I sit staunchly in the "it's annoying" camp.

When you say you're going to be somewhere at a certain time, be there. And if you're not going to be where you say you are, then don't say you will. Right now I'm waiting for a friend who was supposed to pick me up about an hour ago, and it's looking like I'm going to be waiting for at least 30 more minutes. "Nooooo, I have nothing else to do but sit here with my coat on for 54 minutes and counting while you do who knows what." And yes, I really am sitting here with my coat on. At least I still don't have my gloves and beanie on. Those came off after my friend's third phone call, wondering whether it makes sense to pick me up and then go back to his place or vice versa.

I don't know, dude. But I'm about to take my coat off.

-JT

No comments: