Monday, April 28, 2008

Now THIS is creative

So my last post poked a little fun at a new KFC ad campaign that I thought was not terribly creative, but rather boring and gimmicky.

Well this morning, during my daily routine of seeing what's going on in the land of pop culture, I came across something that I think is absolutely brilliant. And hilarious. And innovative. And fresh.

Joshua Allen Harris, an artist in New York City, has tied bags to NYC subway grates so that when the trains roll by, the bags come to life from the rush of air. Check it out below, beginning with a story from the AP on the concept, followed by video capturing some of the art he's created.









When I was in school, one of my teachers said something to me after seeing an ad I had done that he really liked. It's really simple. He said that you know when an idea is a really good, creative idea because when you see it, you think to yourself, "Man, I wish I had thought of that."

Man, I wish I had thought of that.

-JT

2 comments:

i'm talking louder said...

I'm going to look specifically for these next time I'm in NY.
-10kp

i'm talking louder said...

I saw this in New York! It might have been a copycat artist, though. I didn't see anything resembling these ones.
-SM