Monday, June 16, 2008

Would You Rather Be Smart or Thin?

I was at the gym (again) on Friday and like always, someone had left behind their reading material for the next machine user. This time, I was lucky enough to inherit July 2008's Cosmo.

Here are some really substantial, important, fundamental-to-society tidbits I learned during my 50 minutes of cardio:

1. I learned that 56 percent of Cosmo readers would rather be thin than smart. (How sad is that?)














2. I learned how to tell whether two guys sitting together at a movie are gay or straight.











3. I learned that Cosmo has taken on the role of God and has written their own list of 10 commandments, this one to give you a heads up if you're being too bitchy. My favorite? "You just inked a six-figure deal with Midol to be their spokeswoman."















(Seriously, is there anyone out there who a) participates in these surveys, and b) actually reads and believes this stuff? If so, I would like to hear from you.)

-10-key princess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez, 50 min of cardio, i know gas prices are high but are you training to walk to work?

i'm talking louder said...

Embarrassing story. A long, long, long (long) time ago, I was asked to be one of the survey participants for one of these polls. So I guess there is some accuracy and scientific methodology behind these numbers. Horrifying, no?
-SM